Sunday, September 21, 2008

(Should) You Be the Judge?


How do you become the person that God has created you to be? Is it a formula or a particular track that you can take that if you follow steps a, b, and c will get you to where you want to go? I don’t really think so. I think the Bible has many moral absolutes that are purely black and white and you know exactly where you are based on the decisions you make in those situations. But outside of that I believe the Bible has very clear direction but it can vary from person to person depending on where they are in their walk with Christ.

I believe this is why God made the call that he alone would be the judge. He alone will make the call on who makes it to heaven and who doesn’t…on who is walking in His perfect will and who is not. I am so thankful for that fact. I am so thankful that God will do all the judging and I don’t have to worry about other people’s actions, decisions, choices, or words. I only have to watch what I allow into my life and think about my own actions.

We certainly need to be concerned about others and it is our responsibility to share the knowledge of what we know with those that we have opportunity to share with. But…we don’t have to think about judging their decisions or their actions. In my own life, the actions and deicisions of others will help determine what, if any place they have in my life, but I don’t expend any amount of energy judging these people.

I believe this is another area the enemy has had a undeserving impact on the Christian community. People have gotten so totally consumed with judging others that they have lost track of their own mission and purpose. This is not God’s plan…but it is the enemy’s subtle distraction that if gone uncorrected will keep you from being the person God created you to be.
The message today? Concentrate of being everything God created you to be and don’t allow yourself to get caught up in the actions and decisions of other people.

John 6:37-38 – “Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”

Have a blessed day,

RodZ

© 2008 – Rodney Zimmerman – All rights reserved

No comments: