Monday, September 8, 2008

Just Do It!


This weekend…during the previous two years…my family and I were all down in Madison for Ironman Wisconsin. To be honest…as I watched portions of the live video stream from the comfort of my office…I really did miss being there. Seeing the athletes crossing the finish line with the look of accomplishment on their face, mixed with the look of total physical exhaustion…I really did miss it.

It is so interesting to think back to three years ago watching this same live video stream from my home in Green Bay and talking back and forth on the phone with a friend wondering if I was really going to register the next morning. The nervous anticipation of not really knowing exactly what I was committing to. Now…I look longingly and consider when and where my next Ironman will be. One thing I do know is that my frame of reference has changed to knowing that I can do it…it is just a matter of how well and where I will finish.

Every experience and every situation that we face in our lives helps shape this perception. The ability to envision and see ourselves doing something that seems nearly impossible is only accomplished by stretching the limitations that we put on our thinking.

What circumstances…what situations…what type of environment has shaped your thinking of what is really possible to accomplish in your life? What things have tried to tell you NO to what is possible when the answer really should be YES? Begin to take small steps…then bigger steps…then huge steps towards your destiny…towards the position that God has created just for you.

Dream it…Believe it…Then Do It!!

2 Corinthians 10:15-16 – “Our hope is that, as your faith continues to grow, our area of activity among you will greatly expand, so that we can preach the gospel in the regions beyond you.”

Have a blessed day,

RodZ

© 2008 – Rodney Zimmerman – All rights reserved

No comments: